Join our team of charter law experts.
We at YM&C are always looking to add diverse and inspiring individuals to our team. We attract and hire highly motivated and dynamic attorneys who share our passion for the charter movement.
Team YM&C is proud to be a diverse group of backgrounds and personalities working cohesively to provide the highest quality service to charter schools, regardless of their size or public profile. We offer a collaborative work environment that rewards committed and exceptional individuals. Interested in joining our team?
Law Firm Bookkeeper - Sacramento
Young, Minney & Corr, LLP is proud to be California’s most experienced, knowledgeable and respected firm working in the unique area of charter school law. YMC represents more than half of California’s charter schools with offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, Walnut Creek and the main office in Sacramento. The firm has 30+ attorneys.
We are actively seeking a full-time Bookkeeper to work in the Sacramento office who will report to the Firm Administrator.
Responsibilities and essential duties:
- Assist the Firm Administrator in managing the firm’s billing/invoicing, accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Assist in the Firm’s collection of AR and collections efforts;
- Prepare bank, credit card and other account reconciliations;
- Respond to equity partner’s requests for accurate and timely reports to facilitate their needs;
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and reporting;
- Assist in preparation of annual budget and forecasts;
- Ensure all accounting records are intact, readily accessible and safeguarded;
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by management.
- Experience with a law firm or other professional services industry;
- A self-directed individual that knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline;
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy;
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment, be highly organized, show initiative and be proactive;
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, financial forecasts and budget;
- Above all, possesses the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- Experience with Quickbooks is required;
- Experience with Timeslips is a plus.
This is a full-time position. Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Director - Sacramento
YM&C is a premier California law firm of 30+ attorneys with offices in Sacramento, Walnut Creek, North Hollywood, and San Diego representing public charter schools in all matters, including the practice area of labor and employment law.
Young, Minney& Corr, LLP is a mission-focused education law firm that is the leader in charter school representation in California. The firm has offices in Sacramento, Walnut Creek, Los Angeles and San Diego. This position will be based out of the firm’s Sacramento office and will require occasional travel to Southern California for conferences and workshops.
Responsibilities and essential duties:
- Create and launch new marketing campaigns using social media, email, and direct mail efforts.
- Manage the firm’s website and social media accounts including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Organize, market, and attend statewide workshops and conferences including working with vendors and service providers to meet budget expectations, managing ticket sales, ordering swag, and managing the shipment and set-up of our exhibitor booth.
- Generate presence at firm events.
- Manage the client contact database.
- Design and order all print materials including the firm brochure, business cards, folders, etc.
- Organize internal events including firm retreats, holiday party and movie days.
- Handle client relations regarding donations, gifts, holiday cards, etc.
- Collaborate with network partners to sponsor/exhibit at their conferences and organize/manage the execution of partnered events.
- Utilize Constant Contact to send email-blasts including monthly legal alerts.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to prepare conference materials, create presentations, book travel accommodations, etc.
- Manage the firm’s graphic presence internally as well with sponsorship materials and advertisements.
2+ years of marketing experience in a professional environment (law preferred). Polished interpersonal communication skills and ability to build collaborative relationships. Experience working with social networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Excellent organization and project management skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Bachelor’s degree required
Legal Assistant - Sacramento
YM&C is a premier California law firm of 30+ attorneys with offices in Sacramento, Walnut Creek, North Hollywood, and San Diego representing public charter schools in all matters, including the practice area of student discipline and special education. Much of this work involves representation of charter schools in expulsion and due process administrative hearings.
- At least 2 years of law office experience.
- Working knowledge of various word processing and computerized database programs: Adobe Pro, Microsoft Office Suite and Compulaw.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Proactive approach to office management tasks.
- Must possess strong writing, proofreading, editing, and communication skills.
- Must work well with others (team player).
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Word processing and maintaining calendars.
- Proofread and edit correspondence; disperse copy and scan mail as needed.
- Assist attorneys with submitting client and overhead cost receipts.
- Coordinate schedules and arrange travel; prepare attorneys for trial, appearances, mediations, meetings, and depositions.
- Prepare some court filings and coordinate filing services.
- Manage client files.
- Coordinate office and technology related repairs.
- Assist with administrative matters as needed.
- Participate in office/team meetings as necessary.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com