Don’t let Brown Act or Conflicts of Interest concerns tarnish the great works of your school! Keep abreast of changes and recent developments regarding the State’s open meeting and Conflict of Interest laws. Board members and administrators will receive practical tools and increased knowledge of legal obligations as stewards of public schools. Time for questions and answers will be provided.
Topics covered include:
- Extensive Brown Act training (complies with chartering authority’s requirement for annual training);
- Understanding changes in the law with SB 126 and the Governor’s Executive Orders on public meetings;
- Strategies on returning to in-person Board meetings in the coming months;
- Helpful examples of complying with Conflict of Interest laws: Political Reform Act and Government Code Section 1090; and
- What you need to know in filling out Form 700.
Two dates to choose from:
September 15, 2021
September 16, 2021